Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Like mentioned in other topics, AI in both text, voice and video will increase in creditability in coming years, affecting both scams and news alike. How do you think this should be combated?

I think asking many witnesses at a news event to write a short summary of the event, and send their recorded video and audio of the event, and asking staff to compare the user generated news summaries and videos with TV news and newspaper news articles to see if they are similar to witnesses' news summary and videos can help combat some fake news.

I mean you're never going to be able to combat "fake news" regardless of a real person writing it or AI. They're already stories written to fit the news network or newspaper's narrative so the only way to really go against it is to let it die off.

I don't think your ever really going to be able to combat fake news in the future. AI is making everything look so real and the technology is getting better and better.

P.S. You could wait a day or two to make sure that the story is real before you publish it.

It all comes down to who you trust. Check URLs, credibility, and political leanings of the author or poster. Immediately not trust them until you get all the facts. If you can't then it shouldn't interest you.

I feel making stricter laws to punish people with community service like picking up trash at a park, paying expensive fines, and longer jail times for publishing fake news could reduce the amount of fake news being published from people who mainly publish fake news to earn money from fake sensationalist stories.

I feel making stricter laws to punish people with community service like picking up trash at a park, paying expensive fines, and longer jail times for publishing fake news could reduce the amount of fake news being published from people who mainly publish fake news to earn money from fake sensationalist stories.
The law is arbitrary. You can go to jail for petting a manatee, before being ultra-rich and abusing a loophole that is essentially a debt overflow so they don't have to pay the government for it rather than paying like the rest of us. If this were a law, your television would basically still exist and do the same thing without telling you instead.

That’s not going to stop anything. They’ll just do it from outside the US in countries that ignore jurisdiction laws like the other illegal things that happen online.

Back